This article concerns Inherent Factions within Tyrant. Information on Player Factions can be found here.
Two types of inherent Factions exist in the world of Tyrant: Battle Factions and Locality Factions.
There are five (5) inherent Battle Factions within Tyrant, represented by the following icons:
Reputation () can be earned with the Locality Factions listed below. These Factions are supported when battles are won within certain missions. Reward cards are unlocked as with a given Faction is improved ( are increased).
- "Battle Factions" is used here to describe the five (5) factions in which the cards are classified as indicated by the selection filters when editing a playing deck.
- Battle Factions were indicated on the cards since Day 1. Version 1.1.22 introduced a Faction filter when editing Decks.
- The Righteous Battle Faction was introduced to Tyrant on version 1.9.9.
- Prior to the Nexus expansion, there were five (5) Locality Factions (February 2011).
- The following Locality Factions were introduced in the Nexus Expansion, version 1.5.2: Forsaken Ones and The Purge.
- The following Locality Factions were introduced in the Blight Expansion, version 1.7.2: Tartarus Pact and New Order.
- The following Locality Factions were introduced in the Purity Expansion, version 1.9.9: Retribution, Honored Credo and Obliterators.
- The following Locality Factions were introduced in the Homeworld Expansion, version 1.10.1: Chaos Squad, Heretic Nation and New Beginnings.
- The following Locality Factions were introduced in the Phobos Expansion, version 2.0.0: Sovereign Supporters and League of Vicars.
- Champions of Hope was introduced in the Phobos Aftermath Expansion, version 2.0.43.
- Purveyors of Shadows was introduced alongside Awakening Missions, at version 2.2.21.
- Locality Factions are not officially termed "factions" in the game, however they do represent a type of Faction for which loyalty (or rather, reputation) can be earned.